Journey to healthier lifestyle (Part 2)

August 2018

I spent few weeks searching and reading more information on various type of diet. 
I read other people's blogs. 
Admiring their success. 
Dreaming to be as strong as them. 
I search for different kinds of meal plan. 
Atkins meal plans, Keto diet meal plans, low carbs meal plans. 
I watched diet videos on YouTube. 
I even tried to compose my own meal plan based on the blogs and IG postings that I found. *merepek-repek*

I talked to my friends.
One of them suggested me to join some kind of support group for healthy diet that we can find easily in SocMed nowadays. 
"It's better to have someone who can be your coach and mentors yourself, doing the diet together with others rather than doing it all by yourself." 
Suddenly, JK1M popped into my mind. 



Credit to Google Images



Later that day, I put a comment under Kevin Zahri's posting on JK1M Season 11. 
"019xxxxxxx JK1M area Ampang / Setapak", I wrote. 
Less than an hour later, I got a reply on my comment. 
A fitness coach replied by writing another fitness coach's name. 
"Coach Isrul."
Minutes later, that particular coach replied, "Hi, I will whatsapp you."
And he did send me whatsapp after that, asking for my name and details. 
I was so nervous and I told him that I never joined this kind of program before. 
But he replied professionally, basically telling me not to worry and JK1M is actually is a fun healthy program. 
To be honest, I did some research on his style of coaching before and all I found were very positive reviews and feedback. 
After a very short brief get-to-know-each-other chit chat, I made the payment for the program fees and wait. 

Days later, Coach Isrul added me into a whatsapp group of JK1M Setapak. 
There's about 49 of participants for Team Setapak including myself. 
Some of them already knew each other but most of us were strangers. 
I can say that I was so malu-malu to start conversation in that group. 
I became a silent reader and always replied everything with emojis. 
We were told to come for our first meet up on 11th August and bring a training mat together with us. 
I bought mine at Sport Direct Sunway Putra. It costs me almost RM50. 
Never across my mind that I will spend my money buying this kind of thing. 


11th August 2018

I arrived at the meet up place quite early. 
Carrying my training mat, wearing sport attire and not forgetting the nervous look on my face. 
As I entered the hall's door, I was greeted with warm smiles from few people that were already there. 
One person came to me and greeted me. 
She asked me to come forward to take pictures and weigh myself. 
Weigh myself?
Ok...
So, I went in front and stand there, waiting for another person to take my pictures. 
Done with photo session, and now the weighing time. 
With heartbeats pounding like Chinese New Year's drum, I stepped onto the digital scale.
103.3 kg. 
Yup. Three digits of current weight. 
I tried to smile but honestly I think my smile came out a bit weird. 
Senyum tak ikhlas.
Beratnya aku ni..dah macam Shrek. Like I know Shrek's weight. *sigh* 

We started our program with the health talk by our coach. 
Coach Isrul is a certified fitness trainer with lots of experiences. 
He looks cool and calm but you can sense the strictness in his voice. 
He taught us how to count our BMI, BMR and also our Daily Calories Intake. 
Basically, I'm Obese. 
No surprise with that information. 

We did some fitness tests after that. 
Let just say that I was panting like crazy throughout the tests. 
I have to do push ups, planks, jumping jacks, squats within given time. 
Of course, Coach Isrul demonstrated all the workouts beforehand. 
He even went around us, motivates ourselves in doing them. 
Then, we also have to measure our body parts. 
Finally, we were given our target weight (to be achieved) in six weeks. 
Mine was 7.5 kg. 
It means that I have to be 95.8 kg in upcoming six weeks. 

The session ended at noon. 
Coach Isrul gave us some notes and motivation before we leave. 
While holding the notes given, I made few vows for myself.
I vow to change my lifestyle. 
I vow to be more disciplined in everything. 
I vow to stay consistent in my new healthy journey. 
And I vow to have an enjoyable healthy journey. 
I know that I'm doing this for myself. 
This is for my future. 

Slow progress is totally better than no progress at all, ain't it?
Credit to Google Images



Continue in Journey to healthier lifestyle (Part 3)




Comments

Popular Posts