Journey to healthier lifestyle (Part 3)

August 2018 


Credit to Google Images

I have to achieve my target weight within 6 weeks. 
Ergo, I need to plan my own healthy meal plans. 
First and foremost, I know my appetite. 
I know my craving. 
I know my weaknesses. 

I'm a huge fan of high carbs food. 
I love having rice in my meal everyday. 
Rice makes me happy. 
Plain rice, brown rice, sushi.
Don't make me start on all kinds of breads,
Sweet pastry, savoury buns, piping hot dim sum.
Chocolate frappuccino with warm caramel drizzling for the thirst quencher,
Oh my....
Do you see what I mean?  *lol*


Frankly speaking, I've tried various kind of meal plan before this. 
Once, I tried no high carbs food and sugar for one whole month. 
I ate lots of protein i.e eggs, salmon, chicken breast and lots of veggies. 
No rice, no bread, no pasta, no sugary drinks and I only eat fruits such as green apples and oranges. 
I didn't take any condiments but salt and pepper only.   
And definitely no cheat day at all.
The result?
I lost 10 kg in a month. 

I was so happy with the result. 
But,
I didn't feel happy with the journey itself. 
I restrained myself from enjoying healthy meals. 
I was being too hard on myself. 
I pushed myself beyond the limit. 

The outcome post the so-called-one-month-diet?

I gained weight like hell!
Why?
Because I started to eat things that I restrained myself from during the diet period. 
I thought, one fast food meal won't affect my current weight. 
One cup of chocolate chip ice cream won't do much to me. 

Then, I went to Bali end of that year. 
I ate a lot when I was there. 
Nasi Padang, Bakso, Soto, desserts.. you name it. 
I really enjoyed myself eating those delicious and authentic delicacies.  
Credit to Google Images



When I came back to Malaysia, I weighed myself. 
I gained like 4 kg. 
But I was in denial mode. 
I told myself that those 4 kg was my holiday weight.
"It was worth it.."
And things started to get worse after that. 

Uncontrollable food intake combined with no exercise.
Thus, 103.3 kg. 


To be continued in Journey to healthier lifestyle (Part 4)

Comments

Popular Posts